Feeling frenzied all the time can take a toll on your fertility. Here’s how you can chillax and boost your odds of baby-making success.
Read more »
get the right latch
* Position your baby on his side so he is directly facing you, with his belly touching yours. Next, prop up the baby with a pillow, if necessary, and hold him up to your breast; don’t lean over toward him or stretch your breast out to him.
* Place your thumb and fingers around your areola (the dark area surrounding your nipple).
* Tilt your baby’s head back slightly and tickle his lips with your nipple until he opens his mouth wide.
* “Scoop” your breast into his mouth by placing his lower jaw on first, well behind the nipple.
* Tilt his head forward, placing his upper jaw on the breast. Make sure he takes the entire nipple and at least 1 1¼2 inches of the areola in his mouth.
For a detailed guide, visit www.fitpregnancy.com/breastfeeding.