Holiday Gifts on the TV Guide Channel: A Sneak Peak
Peg Moline's picks for this year's celebrity-approved holiday presents for stylish babies and their parents
Watch FitPregnancy's own Peg Moline as she offers her tips for great holiday gifts for new babies and parents with style this Sunday, December 3rd at 8 P.M. on the TV Guide Channel. Here's our sneak preview.
Peg's favorite gifts for new moms and dads
1. The Oeuf crib ($824) has a sleek look, converts to a toddler bed, and comes with an optional changing-table attachment. (Dustin Hoffman gave it his seal of approval when he bought the crib as a gift for his new grandchild.)
And these cozy "Squeeze Me" mittens ($48) from Oeuf are too adorable to pass up--they are grown-up sized Alpaca-knit mittens, with a mini, child-sized mitten stitched onto the palm.
2. This set of three simple and elegant cotton Soft Animals from Dwell Baby match the chic Dwell Baby bedding, which celeb moms including Gwenyth Paltrow, Gwen Stefani and Liv Tyler have purchased for their kids. $35 for one, or $105 for the set of three.
3. Victoria Staten's high-fashion baby collection might look like distressed leather (a current trend in Hollywood), but it's actually made of a soft and washable microfiber. Diaper bags, baby carriers, baby seats, and play yards make a bold statement: parenthood doesn't have to be all about pastels.
4. The Gymini 3-D Activity Gym by Tiny Love ($55) is one of the most popular baby toys around. (Courtney Cox bought it for her daughter, Coco.) It's a fun playmat that lets your baby use all five senses. Now the same company has come out with a 3-D Activity Book ($15) which uses the same principles to keep your baby engaged--it's easy to imagine babies finding something new in this book every time they pick it up.
5. Fashion designer Cynthia Rowley applied her special "Be Fruitful" design to Graco's Mosaic stroller line to benefit the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. There are only 1,000 available ($299), so do a good deed while... shopping while supplies last!
6. Stacking toys keep infant hands and minds busy. Two of my favorites are from Manhattan Toy: The 7-piece Cirque du Soleil Twisterella Stacker ($28) rattles, squeaks, and crinkles, and the NooBoo Symphonic Stacker ($30) plays one of four sound every time each of the soft rings goes over the post.
7. This ribbed cashmere cardigan ($176) from Flora & Henri is the definition of cozy, and come in unisex colors.
8. Philippe Starck has brought his clean, modern design and color palette to a line of Maclaren high chairs ($200). It folds easily and into a compact shape, so you can bring your good taste with you (even if it's just to a "family-friendly" restaurant!).
9. Skip Hop's very cool Pronto "diapering essentials kit" comes with a changing pad, a head cushion, wipes case, and diaper and cream storage. Colors range from bubble gum pink to slick black. ($30)
10. Your hipster-in-training will love Pixel's Scary Fish bedding, with its whimsical design of goofy (and by the looks of it, hungry) fish. Crib set comes with comforter, bumper, sheet, and skirt. ($280)