Quick Turkey Soup With Corn Dumplings
- 1 pound turkey meat, cut into small chunks
- 3 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery with leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried poultry seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs (about 1 1/2 slices of bread finely ground in a food processor)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Make ItTo make soup:
1. Place all ingredients in a soup pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes.To make dumplings:
2. Whisk together flour, bread crumbs, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, blend corn, milk, egg, oil and parsley.
4. Combine all ingredients and stir to blend.
5. After soup has simmered, gently drop 12 walnut-size dough pieces into broth. Cover pot, reduce heat to low and cook 20 minutes. Serve in soup bowls.