Toddler Cooking Class Three: Tabbouleh
To make tabbouleh with toddlers, show them how to do the following tasks (working quickly to avoid exceeding the 15-20 minute toddler attention span!):
- 1/2 cup fine bulgur
- 1 bunch parsley, washed and spun dry
- 4 scallions, trimmed
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pinch ground cumin
1. Fluff cooled, cooked tabbouleh with a slotted spoon.
2. Squeeze lemon juice (you'll need the juice of one large lemon - no need to measure it).
3. Pull mint leaves off three sprigs.
4. Dry washed mint and parsley in a salad spinner.
5. Put grape tomatoes into a food processor and push the pulse button a few times.
6. Pinch salt and cumin and sprinkle in.
7. Stir to combine everything.
- Find out more about this recipe and Toddler Cooking Classes on Mom Appetit's blog.