Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with Black Bean-Garlic Sauce
- 2 tablespoons black bean-garlic sauce (I used Lee Kum Kee brand - reduce to 1 tablespoon for a lower-sodium dish)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 red onion, slivered
- 1/2 red bell pepper, slivered
- 1 large handful green beans, stemmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- Steamed rice (such as a mix of brown and jasmine), for serving
- Sriracha hot sauce and/or fried chili pepper slices, for serving (optional)
1. In a small bowl, mix together the black bean sauce, rice wine, honey and sesame oil.
2. Heat a large, heavy pan over high heat for 1 minute. Add the vegetable oil, followed by the red onion, red pepper and green beans. Stir-fry the vegetables for 2 minutes. Add the ground turkey to the pan and stir-fry until cooked through and browned in places, 4 to 6 more minutes.
3. Scrape the sauce into the pan and stir-fry until the sauce is absorbed, about 1 minute. Serve over rice, with sriracha or fried chilies to spice it up if desired.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.