Quinoa and Yellow Tomato Tabbouleh Salad
This gluten-free, high-protein grain salad, like my usual tabbouleh, is based on Jane Brody's excellent recipe in The Good Food Book.
- Fresh juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cumin and dried crumbled oregano
- Large pinch salt
- Pinch each ground allspice and coriander (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, steamed and cooled
- 1 large yellow tomato, diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 large handful each parsley, cilantro and mint, finely chopped
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil and seasonings. In a medium bowl, toss the quinoa with the tomato, scallions and herbs. Drizzle with dressing.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.