Chicken Spinach Salad
- 4 tablespoons frozen apple-juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 cups spinach leaves, torn
- 2 ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 12 halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pasteurized goat cheese, crumbled
1. To make the dressing: Whisk together apple-juice concentrate, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. To make the salad: Warm 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add thyme and chicken; saute for 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in dressing. Slowly stir in remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat and cover skillet for 1 minute.
3. Divide spinach among four plates and top with pears. Spoon a portion of the chicken mixture over each salad; top with raisins, pecans and cheese.