Snacks that contain mom and baby-healthy nutrients
The snacks listed here contain mom and baby-healthy nutrients such as calcium, fiber, protein; disease-fighting antioxidants; good fats; and even chocolate! Enjoy two snacks per day during your second and third trimesters.
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts (150 calories)
- 8 ounces 100% pomegranate juice (160 calories)
- 1 cup lentil soup (140 calories)
- 1 kiwi fruit and 1 oz. string cheese (120 calories)
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt (any flavor) mixed with 1 teaspoon wheat germ and 1 teaspoon ground flax seed (180 calories)
- 3 Medjool dates (170 calories)
- 1 cup low-fat chocolate milk (160 calories)
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (140 calories)
- 1 apple with 1 tablespoon nut butter (almond, cashew or peanut) (170 calories)
- 1 cup fresh green, red and yellow bell pepper strips with 3 tablespoons hummus or baba ghanoush (160 calories)
- 1 hard-boiled egg with 1 cup vegetable or tomato juice (135 calories)
- 1 cup chocolate frozen yogurt drizzled with 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup (140 calories)
For more great prenatal meal plans and recipes, go to fitpregnancy.com/recipes.