Does the most common vaginal infection relate to infertility, or can it put an existing pregnancy at risk? Here's what you need to know.
Read more »
For the sauce:
1 14.5-ounce can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies
1 chipotle pepper
1 tablespoon adobo sauce
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
1 cup diced onion (about 1 small onion)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
Salt, to taste
Cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
For the tacos:
1 pound 85/15 ground beef, preferably organic
15 saltine crackers, crushed to fine crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon adobo sauce from chipotles
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
12 small corn tortillas
1. Preheat broiler on high.
2. To make sauce, purée tomatoes, chipotle and adobo sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, place grapeseed oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, stirring, and continue cooking for an additional minute.
4. Add tomato-chipotle mixture, sugar, broth and salt. Whisk to incorporate. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.
5. To make albondigas, in a large bowl, place beef, saltine crumbs, garlic powder, cumin, adobo sauce and salt and mix with your hands to combine. Add one tablespoon of beaten egg at a time until mixture comes together. (You will not use the entire egg.)
6. Form into meatballs, about an inch or so in diameter. (You should have about two dozen meatballs.) Coat a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray. Place meatballs on sheet in a single layer. Broil on high for 7 to 9 minutes, turning several times during cooking, until all sides are golden and meat is cooked through.
7. Remove meatballs from oven and transfer to saucepan with tomato-chipotle sauce. Stir until all are well coated with sauce.
8. Warm tortillas one at a time on a dry griddle or skillet on high, turning them a few times until they are pliable. Cover with a clean, dry towel until you are ready to assemble the tacos.
9. To assemble, place two tortillas one on top of another. Place two meatballs in each taco, drizzle with sauce and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Find more recipes inspired by five world cuisines.