A traditional Mexican drink, chia frescas are a great source of sustained energy. Not to mention, they’re super refreshing on a hot summer day. Blend well to make sure all the nutrients of the chia are absorbed.
• 2 cups water
• 2 tsp chia seeds
• ½ cup chopped strawberries
• ½ cup raspberries
• 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1 tbsp raw honey or agave
1. Mix the chia seeds and water together in a bowl.
2. Set in the fridge to plump for 15 minutes.
3. Remove, mix again, and combine all ingredients in a blender.
4. Puree until well combined.
5. Adjust the sweetness if needed.
—Recipe courtesy of Jacob Mabanta, organic chef and co-founder of Love Grace