3 tablespoons garlic oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 cups mixed spring greens
1 pound asparagus, tough ends snapped off
4 large eggs
1 pound raw flank steak
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 slices whole-grain sandwich bread, toasted and cut into small squares
8 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat a grill or broiler to medium. Whisk together garlic oil and lemon juice until combined. Season with salt and pepper; set aside. Place mixed spring greens in a large salad bowl. Fill a large skillet halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for 6 minutes, or until tender yet still crisp. Remove spears with a slotted spoon; set aside to cool.
2. Bring same skillet of water back to a boil. Poach eggs by breaking open each egg and gently slipping them into the water. Cook over medium-low heat for about 3 to 6 minutes, occasionally spooning water over the yolks to help cook them (yolks should be soft-cooked when you're done).
3. Rub flank steak on both sides with garlic, soy sauce and several pinches of salt and pepper. Place steak on grill or broiler pan. Cook for 4 minutes, then turn over and cook an additional 4 minutes, or until steak is rosy in the center when cut. Transfer steak to cutting board and let rest.
4. Cut cooled asparagus into 1-inch pieces; add to salad bowl, along with toast squares. Toss salad mixture with half of dressing. Divide salad among four shallow salad bowls. Place a poached egg over greens.
5. Cut flank steak on the diagonal into thin slices, then arrange steak slices around each egg. Drizzle salads with steak juices and remaining dressing, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.