• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
• 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
• 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
• ⅓ cup cider vinegar
• ⅓ cup brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon molasses
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger
• 1 cup seedless watermelon, chopped
1. Pureé watermelon in a blender. Place pureé in a Dutch oven over medium heat and cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in remaining ingredients (except for the cup of chopped watermelon) and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in the chopped watermelon and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
2. Grill chicken for 5 minutes. Turn chicken and brush with barbecue sauce. Cook for 5 more minutes, then turn and brush with more sauce and cook an additional 5 minutes. Brush with remaining sauce. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes, if desired.
BACK TO MAIN: Why You Need More Watermelon in Your Pregnancy Diet