Feeling frenzied all the time can take a toll on your fertility. Here’s how you can chillax and boost your odds of baby-making success.
Read more »
For the cookies:
2 cups white whole-wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup turbinado sugar
⅓ cup light olive oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
For the glaze:
½ cup confectioner’s sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
½ teaspoon lime zest
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat sugar, olive oil, egg and honey with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in lime zest and flour mixture until combined (it will be somewhat sticky). On a floured work surface, form dough into a log about 8 inches long and 1½ inches in diameter; wrap in wax paper and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm.
4. Slice the chilled dough into ¼–inch–thick rounds and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes on sheet; transfer to a wire rack placed over wax paper and cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together confectioner’s sugar, lime juice and lime zest, adding more juice if necessary to thin the glaze. Drizzle glaze over cookies and let set for 15 minutes.
Per cookie: 73 calories, 1 g protein, 12 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat (0 g saturated fat), 1 mg calcium, 0 mg iron, 1 g fiber, 43 mg sodium