It’s certainly not like you need an excuse to whip up this yummy Mexican Hot Chocolate, but we’ll give you one: Drinking milk during pregnancy may lead to taller children, a new study in the European Journal for Clinical Nutrition finds. So fill your mug and start picking out extra-long onesies for your future basketball star!
• 1 cup nonfat milk
• 1 cinnamon stick
• Pinch ground cayenne pepper
• 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• Pinch ground cinnamon
1. Heat the milk, cinnamon stick and cayenne pepper in a small saucepan over medium until simmering.
2. Turn off burner; let stand 5 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick.
3. Whisk in the cocoa powder and sugar and warm over low heat just until hot.
4. Remove from stove; whisk in the vanilla.
5. Sprinkle with a pinch of ground cinnamon.