• ¾ ounce simple syrup (such as Stirrings Simple Syrup, or make your own; instructions below)
• 1 passion fruit, cut in half
• 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
• 3 ounces distilled water
• ¼ ounce fresh lime juice
• 1 ounce pineapple juice (or 1 cup pineapple chunks, juice extracted in a juicer)
1. To make simple syrup, combine ½ cup granulated sugar and ½ cup water in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir until sugar dissolves, then increase heat until mixture comes to a boil.
3. Remove from heat after about three minutes and allow to cool.
4. Chill cooled syrup in refrigerator for 2 hours before using (remaining syrup will keep refrigerated for up to one month; use to sweeten iced tea, lemonade and other beverages).
5. Scoop the pulp from the passion fruit.
6. In a pint mixing glass, add pulp and one sprig of thyme and press several times with a cocktail muddler.
7. Add distilled water, lime juice, simple syrup and pineapple juice.
8. Fill glass with ice and shake vigorously for about 6 seconds.
9. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and serve.
Nutritional information per serving
Per serving (1 drink): 140 calories, 7% protein (2 g), 90% carbohydrate (32 g), 3% fat (0.5 g), 23 mg calcium, 41 mg vitamin C, 2 mg iron, 25 mcg folate, 10 g fiber.
Back to Main: 8 Refreshing Summer Mocktails