1½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup natural creamy peanut butter (no salt added)
1 medium banana, mashed
½ cup light brown sugar
1 large egg white
¼ cup all-fruit raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, banana, sugar and egg white with a wooden spoon or electric mixer set to medium until smooth. Add the flour mixture gradually and beat until combined.
4. Form dough into 1-inch balls, place on baking sheet 1 inch apart and make an indentation in the center of each cookie with your thumb. Fill each indentation with about ½ teaspoon of raspberry jam.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and jam is just starting to bubble. Let cool 5 minutes on sheet; transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Per cookie: 90 calories, 3 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat (0 g saturated fat), 13 mg calcium, 1 mg iron, 2 g fiber, 38 mg sodium