• ¼ cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
• 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• ½ teaspoon sugar
• 1 pound tofu, cubed
• 2 teaspoons sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 2 carrots, julienned
• 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
• 8 ounces trimmed green beans
• 2 broccoli crowns, cut into florets
• 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and very thinly sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
• 3 tablespoons rice wine (or dry sherry or chicken stock)
• Steamed rice, for serving
• Sesame seeds, sliced scallions and sriracha hot sauce, for serving
1. In a bowl, stir together the sauce ingredients. In another bowl, toss the tofu with the sesame oil and soy sauce. Set aside while you prepare the vegetables.
2. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat, then add the vegetable oil. When it shimmers, add the carrot, onion and green beans. Stir-fry until beginning to soften, 4 minutes. Add the broccoli, ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, 3 more minutes.
3. Pour the rice wine into the pan and stir to loosen the cooked-on bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute, then reduce the heat to medium.
4. Add the marinated tofu. Stir the sauce and pour over everything. Cover and cook over medium heat until the tofu is heated and the broccoli is crisp-tender, 2 more minutes. Serve over rice, topped with sesame seeds, scallion and sriracha, if desired.