• 12 cups mache (also called lamb's lettuce; or use spinach or mixed spring greens)
• ½ cup fresh basil leaves
• ⅓ cup buttermilk
• ⅓ cup reduced-fat sour cream
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 3 teaspoons garlic oil, divided
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 1 large yellow pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
• 2 cups petite peas
• 1 cup skim ricotta cheese
• ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Place mache in a large bowl. Combine basil, buttermilk, sour cream, vinegar and 1 teaspoon of garlic oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Pour half of dressing over mache; gently toss to mix.
2. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of garlic oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add zucchini and yellow pepper slices. Sauté for 6 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat peas. Arrange a portion of mache in four shallow bowls. Spoon a portion of warm zucchini-pepper mixture on one side of greens and a portion of peas on other side. Place ¼ cup ricotta in center. Drizzle salads with remaining dressing; top with toasted almonds.
Nutritional information per serving (3 cups salad and 1/4 cup ricotta): 279 calories, 36% fat (11 g), 36% carbohydrate (25 g), 28% protein (20 g), 9 mg fiber, 3 mg iron, 483 mg calcium, 182 mcg folate.