• 4 Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds), peeled and cut into large chunks
• 2 cups chicken broth
• ¾ cup whole milk
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover halfway with cold water. Add chicken broth to just cover potatoes and place on high heat (add 2-3 cloves of garlic, if desired). Bring potatoes to a boil, reduce heat slightly and cook until very tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to the pot.
2. While potatoes are cooking, combine milk and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat until butter is melted and milk is just coming to a simmer. Remove from heat.
3. Add the hot milk mixture to the potatoes and blend with a hand mixer until smooth. (If desired, serve with gravy recipe.) Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Per serving (1 cup): 213 calories, 34% fat (8 g), 52% carbohydrate (28 g), 14% protein (7 g), 2 g fiber, 1.5 mg iron, 80 mg calcium, 25 mg folate.