Trying to get pregnant? Make sure you know the bottom line on baby-making—what you don't understand can affect your bub-to-be's health.
Read more »
Tips for creating your birth plan:
1. Keep it simple. Try to keep your birth plan to a single page.
2. Create your birth plan early in your pregnancy and then use it to find a healthcare provider whose philosophy aligns with yours.
3. Research hospitals and birthing centers whose policies and practices mesh with your birth plan "wish list."
4. Keep the big picture in mind. You don't need to get into the nitty gritty details of how every aspect of your labor will play out. Think about the key issues that are most important to you.
5. Remember that a healthy mom and baby are the ultimate goal of any birth plan.