Best of the Web
05.20.11 Hits of the week
- More and more grandmas and grandpas are voicing their discontent with being called a "grandparent," so they're coming up with their own names. There are some creative ideas out there. Remember, these are the quirky traits that make being a grandparent so fun.
- One writer takes an inside look at the booming market for human breast milk. Some moms just aren't able to nurse, so fortunately milk banks can help these women give their babies the breast milk they need.
- Celebrity Victoria Beckham is scheduled to have a Cesarean section on the Fourth of July, media reports say. Head over to our GImme a C page to see why women choose (and why they shouldn't decide) to have an elective surgical delivery.
- A new study finds that an estimated 40 percent of pregnancies in every U.S. state is unwanted or mistimed. Check out our Unexpectedly Expecting page for tips on how to cope with a surprise pregnancy.
- Now this mom blogger knows how to rock her baby bump in style—take a peek at her great (and affordable!) fashion picks. Head over to our Fashion section for more stylish mom-to-be ideas.
- One writer asks: Did lingerie die for you when you got pregnant? Our fashion department shows you how maternity undies don't have to be dull.
- Maternity clothes can be pricey, so check out this inexpensive pregnancy survival guide to get you through the sizzling season. Browse through our Pure Bliss fashion picks to add a cool and breezy touch to your maternity wardrobe.
- An alternative mama walks you through the procedures that most newborns face when they're first born. Check out our Navigating Your Hospital Stay for more insights on what to expect on D-Day.
- A new study finds that 80 percent of baby products contain toxic flame retardants. Take a look at our Toxic 10 To Avoid page for a list of dangerous ingredients to steer clear of while expecting.
- This DIY balloon banner is genius for your baby shower or your baby's first party. Our own Mom Appetit blogger went the DIY route when she was planning her son's second birthday.
- Model Niki Taylor announced that she is expecting her fourth child. See which other stars are pregnant at the same time you are on our Celebrity Pregnancies page.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.