Best of the Web
05.27.11 Hits of the week
- Star mom Jessica Alba shows off her baby bump while on vacation. Get ready for your summer with our flattering picks for sexy swimwear.
- Carrying around a lot of baby stuff? Browse through this slideshow of great diaper bags just in time for summer. Take our poll: Which feature best describes your ideal diaper bag?
- Recall alert: Consumers urged to stop using phil&teds clip-on chairs due to safety hazards; safety officials also re-issue a voluntary recall of Maclaren strollers. For a list of other baby products recently pulled off shelves for safety reasons, head over to our Recalls page.
- Getting ready for one baby can be hard, so imagine preparing for two. Take a peek at these decorating ideas for a nursery designed for twins.
- Actress Maya Rudolph—who's expecting her third child soon—shares her story of how she had an unplanned home birth. New figures are showing that home births have skyrocketed since 2004.
- The search is on for the next Gerber Baby! You have until June 30 to submit a photo of your little one. As Crib Notes mentioned in a past posting: Do you know the story behind the original Gerber Baby?
- Actress Bryce Dallas Howard is expecting her second baby. Check out our Celebrity Pregnancies page to read about which celebrities are also currently expecting.
- Moms in one Georgia city are taking on city hall and its anti-breastfeeding proposals by staging a nurse-in. New moms, know your rights! Almost all states have laws protecting a woman's right to nurse in public.
- A new study finds that cellphones may harm fetal development. Our experts urge pregnant women to be extremely cautious when using any wireless technology.
- The first lady of France stepped out in public for the first time since rumors started swirling about her pregnancy this week. If you're expecting, see our fashion picks for taking your spring maternity wardrobe cues from our own first lady.
- Ina May Gaskin, a midwifery advocate, "argues that America needs midwives more than ever." Head over to our Midwives Go Mainstream page for facts you will need to make the decision of not having an OB deliver your baby.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.