Best of the Web
12.29.08 Hits of the week
- "Pregorexia" made The New York Times list of 2008 buzzwords. Which begs the question: How thin is too thin when you're pregnant?
- A new study finds a link between the lack of vitamin D in pregnancy and the likelihood of a Cesarean section. However, other recent studies show that it's hard to get enough of this necessary prenatal vitamin.
- Meanwhile, a recent opinion editorial article in a New Jersey newspaper asks: Preterm C-section births are dangerous, so why insure them? Our own experts face off over the safety of elective C-sections vs. vaginal births.
- Circumcision rates reach an all-time low, according to U.S. figures. For parents, the decision to cut or not to cut is a very personal decision.
- A British woman has quite a holiday story to share. Imagine if someone said to you out of the blue, "You're having a baby ... right now."
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.