Best of the Web
04.08.11 Hits of the week
- The rising risk of flat head in babies has been tied to the Back To Sleep campaign, which has decreased the cases of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), a new study finds. Read our experts' advice on avoiding this condition in your infant.
- Actress Tina Fey announced this week that she is expecting her second baby, after she publicly talked about whether or not to give her 5-year-old a sibling. Our experts emphasize that deciding when to have another child is a major concern for some parents.
- Former Fit Pregnancy guest columnist Laila Ali gave birth to a daughter this week. Check out video of her and her first baby, a son, during a photo shoot for a Fit Pregnancy cover.
- No work-life balance? It's your fault, says one writer. As a mom-to-be planning to go back to work after baby arrives, make sure you do your homework on your company's maternity leave and flexible schedule policies.
- A new study finds that alternative therapies are not much help for easing colic in babies. Check out our Five Truths About Colic page for more expert information about this inconsolable crying.
- Our blog friends over at The Stir share their tips on how to have the most eco-friendly birth. Then click over to our FIve Simple Steps to Going Green For Your Baby page for a plan to create a safe and healthy world for your baby.
- Wedding season is coming up, so start preparing with these tips for bringing children to these special "I do" events. Or maybe it's the perfect time for some adults-only activities!
- Ten things men should never say to their pregnant wives. Take our quiz: What kind of dad will you be?
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.