Best of the Web
12.19.08 Hits of the week
- Living with your mother-in-law can be bad for your heart, ladies. Got stress? We have other reasons why you need to relax.
- Michelle Duggar, the Arkansas mom on the TLC cable show "Seventeen and Counting," gave birth to her 18th baby this week. I guess she doesn't need to read our take on having babies back-to-back. The TLC episode featuring her latest delivery will air Dec. 22.
- How soon is too soon for your child to Twitter and Facebook? How about in utero? Meanwhile, Facebook is banning images of breastfeeding moms. Want to read about an organization that promotes breastfeeding—check out our Best for Babes feature.
- Looking for allergen-free food? Here are five sources of where to find it. Our Mom Appetit blogger Zoe Singer had her own experience going allergen-free for the sake of her baby, Leo.
- A worker at a Texas lingerie store files a lawsuit alleging on-the-job pregnancy discrimination. Not surprising to hear considering Crib Notes reported in November that pregnancy-bias complaints are soaring.
- Girl's Gone Child blogger Rebecca Woolf lays out her own tips on how to breastfeed after a breast reduction. Check out our Nursing After the Knife feature for additional information.
- Thinking about your taxes yet? Maybe you should start because the Turbo Tax software people are conducting the annual America's Cutest Last-Minute Tax Deduction contest. One lucky baby born between Dec. 1 and Dec. 31, 2008, will win a savings bond worth up to $10,000.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.