Best of the Web
03.11.11 Hits of the week
- Don't forget Daylight Saving Time this weekend! Our blog friends over at Babble have a great rundown on how to help your family spring forward. Remember that any time change takes some adjustment, especially for the little ones in your household.
- For some women, pregnancy pains continue long after the baby is born. Banish those aches with our simple fitness solutions.
- A new blood test is being touted as a new method in identifying Down syndrome earlier in pregnancy. Check out our in-depth look at prenatal screenings and diagnostic tests.
- A nonprofit organization is building a Facebook community that is working toward a BPA-free Oregon. Check out our Clean House page for some safe and easy household choices to protect you and your growing family.
- A new study finds that parents exaggerate the joys of having children. Anticipating the challenges of motherhood is key in avoiding stress, postpartum depression and marital woes.
- For some women, the first trimester is not fun—what with the debilitating morning sickness and fatigue. Just ask Rebecca of Girl's Gone Child, who this week shared with readers her "first trimester hell" battling nausea and now her big surprise. (Congrats to her and her family!) Browse through our Pregnant With Twins page for stories from Fit Pregnancy readers about expecting multiples.
- One LilSugar writer shares her 10 reasons on why she will never be a perfect mother. Check out our Supermom Backlash page for seven ways to ease "mommy guilt" and feel good about being just good enough.
- The price of a medication to prevent premature birth skyrockets from $20 to $1,500 after federal officials OK'd it as a prescription. Prematurity is on the rise, so click over to our Born Too Soon page to read what you can do to help prevent it.
- Actress Tina Fey says working parents are "more sympathetic." Check out our Here's to Having it All page to read how some moms are crafting flexible work solutions that may be the perfect fit for your new family.
- Here's a clever and cute baby shower theme: Got milk? Our Baby Shower Guide offers tips on throwing a memorable bash to celebrate mom-to-be and baby.
- Take a look inside singer Mariah Carey's baby shower celebrating her twins, who are due in late April. Browse through our Celebrity Pregnancies section for more details on other star moms-to-be.
- Researchers find the flavors that babies are exposed to in the womb and in the early months after birth affect their food preferences in life. Read our tips on how to instill healthy eating habits and deal with fussy eaters.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.