Best of the Web
03.18.11 Hits of the week
- One writer asks: Do Kegels help or hurt us? Check out our All About Kegels page to learn what they are and how to do them.
- Actress Jessica Alba shows off her DIY skills in planning a friend's baby shower. Our Adventures in Babyland blogger shared her appreciation for all of the crafts and fun events during her baby shower, which was hosted by her friends.
- Check out the creative touches at this baby shower featuring a camping theme. Browse our Baby Shower Guide for tips on babying the mom-to-be at her celebration.
- Our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger attended the National CARE Conference recently and learned more about boosting maternal health programs around the world. We followed former model Christy Turlington on her past trip to Peru as CARE's ambassador for maternal health.
- Fourth time is the charm! Celebrity power couple David and Victoria Beckham announced that they're expecting a little girl later this year. Having a daughter will be a whole new ball game for this family after welcoming three sons.
- A writer takes a look at the new trend of "WombTube," the addictive videos of women who reveal their pregnancy results online. Head over to our How I Told Him page and tell us how you told your mate that you're pregnant. We may pick your story to publish in the magazine!
- Guess who's a grandma? Martha Stewart welcomed her first grandchild this week, a baby girl named Jude. Remember, Martha: A grandparent's quirks are the stuff of which families are made.
- Celebrity stylist and mom-to-be Rachel Zoe tweeted how bananas she was about her new McQueen diaper bag. Check out our editors' top picks for diaper bags, from budget-friendly options to designer treats.
- A recent natural products convention highlights that baby food is getting increasingly healthier. If you're thinking about making your own baby food, browse through our Baby Bites page for ways to whip up your own healthy baby food in a flash.
- Baby Buggy, a nonprofit that provides New York City families in need with must-have baby products, is celebrating its 10th anniversary! In this time of crisis in Japan, the American Red Cross is accepting donations to help those in need.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.