Best Of The Web
08.26.11 Hits of the week
- Oregon's "hard stop" on early inductions and elective C-sections has people buzzing, including our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger, who says that her state is just "enforcing guidelines that have been on the books for years." Our Why You Don't Want A C-Section article details for you why having a C-section can be riskier for moms-to-be and babies in some cases.
- If you're in the Los Angeles area, stop by the Latch On America event this Sunday at The Pump Station & Nurtury. The event will spotlight help for new mothers with their breastfeeding needs.
- A new website called The Glow takes "a glimpse into the world of inspiring and fashionable moms." Check out our Fashion section for more articles on how to embrace your new body that you share with your baby.
- Actress Emily Deschanel hits the set of her TV show Bones, and photos show how her pregnancy has been written into the plot. Head over to our Celebs section to read about other star moms-to-be and new moms.
- As your belly grows, a lot of moms struggle to keep their unique sense of fashion. Check out these 10 tips from real fashionistas on how to remain chic while pregnant.
- A new report finds that unmarried, cohabitating parents now outnumber divorced ones. As our experts say in our This is What Family Looks Like Now, blood is not the only bond that unites us.
- Actress Kelly Preston discusses how amazing it was to be able to give birth at 48 years old. Our Older Moms Have What It Takes page talks about how most older women typically question whether they'll have the energy and patience for motherhood.
- Despite warnings about infant death, many parents put soft bedding where babies sleep, researchers say. Remember, bare is best in cribs when it comes to keeping your baby's sleep as safe as possible.
- If you don't have children yet, I bet you've wondered what a typical day with a newborn is like. Well, this time-lapse video offers you a peek inside baby world. (Caution, Benny Hill music involved). Browse through our Newborn Care From Head to Toe Guide for tips on keeping your baby clean and comfy!
- Hurricane tips from our friends at Big City Moms to make sure you and your family are prepared for Irene. Stay safe this weekend.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor