Best of the Web
09.09.11 Hits of the week
- It's not too late to enter to win a chance to preview Ricki Lake's new movie, More Business of Being Born, before its release.
- Stay-at-home moms are pulling more than their weight at home. In fact, they're lifting almost a ton each day as they care for their babies, a new study shows. No need to stop exercising while expecting, unless advised by your doctor. The benefits of exercising during pregnancy begin immediately and will last your whole life.
- Coming soon: The Puj Tub in new colors! The Puj Tub—a top pick in Fit Pregnancy's 2011 Buyer's Guide—is soft, BPA-free and fits into any bathroom sink, plus hangs flat for easy storage. It was a must-have for our Adventures in Babyland blogger when her son was an infant.
- A new study finds that use of common over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs could double a woman's risk of miscarriage. No worries, though: Your miscarriage risk is probably lower than you think.
- Star stylist Rachel Zoe shares her baby travel must-haves. Head over to our On-The-Go Gear page for our fun and functional finds that help take the hassle out of traveling with your baby.
- Our friends at LilSugar have compiled a set of montages of pregnancy time-lapse photos from around the Web. Check out our Photo Play page for tips on how to get the best photos to start keeping track of your growing family's memories.
- Celebrity Victoria Beckham was out in New York City with her new baby daughter, Harper. Browse through our Celebs page to read about other new celebrity moms.
- Moms-to-be need to plan ahead financially if they plan to return to work, especially in the U.S. where paid family leave is not guaranteed. So here's a rundown at what to expect from maternity leave.
- Actress Mayim Bialik says she thinks it's time to wean her son from breastfeeding. Read our Weaning From The Bottle page for expert advice on how to transition your child to a cup well before toddlerhood.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.