Best Of The Web
09.16.11 Hits of the week
- Check out this slobber-proof iPhone case so that you don't have to worry the next time you hand over your gadget to your drooling baby. After all, we've all heard about the rise in parents using smartphones and iPads as high-tech baby toys.
- Congratulations to Mad Men actress January Jones. She gave birth this week to a baby boy named Xander Dane. Head over to our Celebrity section for photos of other new star moms.
- Health alert: Pregnant women in Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska should avoid eating cantaloupe after a Listeria outbreak linked to the contaminated fruit. Listeria causes a serious infection that can lead to miscarriage, premature delivery or stillbirth.
- The Puj Tub in new colors—kiwi, aqua, periwinkle and pink. This Fit Pregnancy top pick will be available at Diapers.com for one week only and then on Puj.com. It was a must-have for our Adventures in Babyland blogger when her son was an infant.
- Cesar Millan of the TV show The Dog Whisperer offers tips on training a dog to live with a baby. On our Dog Meets Baby page, our experts' advice helps you prepare your pet for the newest addition to the family.
- It is possible to be stylish soon after delivering your baby. Just ask Victoria Beckham and Alicia Silverstone, who both made post-baby debuts on red carpets this week. Check out our New-Mom Body Care page for recommendations for the not-so-pretty side effects of pregnancy and childbirth.
- Do you have a vegan mom-to-be in your life? Browse through these 10 adorable gifts for vegan babies. Plus, our slideshow of a natural nursery might inspire you as you get ready for his or her big arrival.
- One writer asks the question on every working parent's mind: What's going on with my baby while I'm at work? Need someone to look after your baby when you go back to work? Here are the pros and cons of three common options.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.