Best of the Web
12.05.08 Hits of the week
- Looks like the recession is hitting every aspect of life, including baby-making—at least in Arizona. If you're not quite ready for a baby, we have a 3-month guide to prepare yourself for pregnancy.
- One dad has started jotting down a few lessons about life that he'd like to share with his son—while he's still in utero. Plus, our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger sounds off on what she thinks about dads.
- A survey found that British moms prefer singing pop songs over traditional lullabies to soothe their babies. If you're not up for a karaoke show when your baby wants to sleep, check out our 2008 Buyer's Guide for some music-playing gadgets.
- Looks like parents outside of Hollywood are staying serious when it comes to baby names in this tough year. No Bronx Mowgli for them.
- Mark your calendar's now! Children's Miracle Network and IHOP are teaming up to raise money for children's hospitals and other worthy causes on National Pancake Day Celebration, Feb. 24, 2009.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.