Best Of The Web
09.23.11 Hits of the week
- A new study finds that pediatricians spend 10 minutes or less with children at checkups. Here's how to create a working relationship with your pediatrician.
- Bones actress (and Fit Pregnancy cover model) Emily Deschanel and her husband welcomed a son, Henry Hornsby, this week. Deschanel talked with us recently on her scripted and real-life pregnancies.
- The Transportation Security Administration has revamped airport screenings for kids 12 and younger. This action is a long time coming after TSA ramped up travel restrictions that took a toll on parents with small children.
- Now that actress Hillary Duff has announced her pregnancy, she's sharing her cravings with her fans. When your pregnancy cravings get a bit extreme, our recipes and tips will help you indulge in a healthy way.
- Quiz alert: How much do you know about pregnancy/birth rituals from around the world? For example, most women in other countries give birth squatting, leaning or even standing.
- Check out these five fashionable (and real!) moms-to-be who are working their style—baby bump and all. Head over to our Fashion & Beauty section for more advice on how to stay stylish while making the most of your new shape.
- Superstar Beyoncé says she's not slowing down during her pregnancy and feels very empowered. Check out more of our tidbits from celebrity moms-to-be on our Celebs page.
- Soccer star David Beckham says that after three boys, he can't believe he has a new baby girl. One of our writers shares her experience of finally having a girl after giving birth to two boys.
- One writer explores the idea of "soul-searching before adding 'parent' to your resume." Head over to our When Worlds Collide page for sanity-saving tips on how to make the transition from work to home at the end of the day when the new baby arrives and you go back to your job.
— Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.