Best Of The Web
09.30.11 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- Check out this eye-opening list of the five most expensive states for day care. Wondering which type of child care is best for you? Here's the inside scoop on three common options.
- Lack of sleep can really mess with a new parents—read some of the craziest "tired-mom moments." After all, studies have shown that a new parent racks up six months' worth of lost snooze time in a baby's first two years.
- Trend alert!: Expectant stars have been rockin' the sequined maternity dresses recently. Don't be afraid to flaunt your flair in dramatic evening looks.
- Film actress Bryce Dallas Howard says she's finally over her morning sickness stage of pregnancy. Did you know that there might be an upside to feeling queasy while expecting?
- A tragic accident reminds parents that shopping carts and car seats are not the safest combo. Remember that a study earlier this year found E.coli on 50 percent of shopping carts tested.
- Good question: Are baby showers appropriate after your first pregnancy? Check out our Baby Shower Guide for tips on throwing a memorable bash to celebrate the mom-to-be and her little one.
- Superstar Beyoncé reveals that she hates the way her husband smells now that she's pregnant. Take our poll: Which smells bothered you the most while you were pregnant?
- One writer discusses the possibility of a brewing Elmo backlash. Love him or hate him, the furry red puppet and his Muppet friends are a perennial TV favorite (plus age-appropriate) for children as young as toddlers.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.