Best Of The Web
10.07.11 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- The governor of California signs a bill banning BPA in baby bottles and sippy cups. The pervasive BPA can also be risky for moms-to-be.
- A new study finds a higher risk of death for preemies returns in young adulthood. Parents of some babies born early need to follow different precautions when they first come home from the hospital than those of full-term children, experts say.
- Mom-to-be poll: Do you what it means "to be born in the caul"? Our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger tackles to subject of "breaking your water."
- A new study finds that most parents are following an "alternative" vaccination schedule. Fit Pregnancy expert Robert Sears, M.D., shares his version of an alternate immunization schedule.
- Talk about real life: Pregnant actress Jennifer Garner got caught in the rain walking down the street while chatting away on her cellphone. Head over to our Celebrity section for more photos of other star moms-to-be.
- The public transportation agency in Portland, Ore., is investigating a complain that a bus driver kicked a mom and her crying baby off the bus for making too much noise. As if flying with babies wasn't hard enough, now moms have to worry about riding public transportation?
- Actress Alyssa Milano is over the moon being a new mom and shares her top picks for mommy essentials. Browse through our New Mom Must-Haves list because having the essentials on hand can make bringing up baby that much easier.
- The fearless mom-to-be in this video continues to rock climb and enjoys every minute of it. Check out our What, Me Worry page for more info on how to fret about the right things and not the wrong things while you're expecting.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.