Best Of The Web
10.14.11 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- A beauty expert offers tips on how to look your best after you deliver so that no undesirable post-labor photos ever see the light of day. Enhance your glow with our head-to-toe beauty guide, featuring products that are safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger shares her story of how the slowest woman in her gym inspired her, just as much as the mom-to-be who ran the Chicago Marathon earlier this week.
- Cute alert: In this video, an iPad-loving 1-year-old is very confused by a paper magazine. After all, electronic tablets and smartphones are the new babysitters.
- Choking concerns has prompted the recall of more than 400,000 B.O.B. jogging strollers in the United States and Canada. For other recent recalls, head to our baby gear recalls page.
- Pregnant in Heels star Rosie Pope is expecting her third child. It's not too late to enter our giveaway contest for a chance to win a Rosie Pope maternity top!
- Interesting question: Are moms skimping on the diaper changes these days? With the economy still struggling and diaper prices going up, it shouldn't surprise anyone that parents are looking for ways to cut down on using fewer disposable ones.
- A new study finds a possible link between air pollution and premature births in Southern California women. Sounds similar to an earlier study that revealed inhaling smog on a daily basis could have harmful effects on a baby's brain development.
- An OB shares her thoughts on the powerful myths of "natural" childbirth. From traditional to alternative, there is a world of choices available to moms-to-be when it comes to giving birth.
- Superstar Beyoncé reveals plans to launch a new maternity fashion line. Check out our Fashion section for more styles and tips on how to flaunt your pregnancy flair.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.