Best Of The Web
10.21.11 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- Redbook magazine is featuring powerful infertility diary videos from celebrities and real-life women. Our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger explores the topic of the mind-body-baby connection when it comes to conceiving.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics is calling on parents to all but ban TV watching for children younger than 2. Previous studies have also emphasized that TV is a no-no for kids at that age.
- Actress Penelope Cruz was seen enjoying an afternoon in Italy with her infant son Leo (who's hardly ever photographed out in public!). Head over to our Celebrity section for more photos of star moms.
- Cute video alert!: A dog wants to play fetch with baby twins. Check out our Dog Meets Baby page for tips on how to get your first "baby" ready for the new arrival.
- A new study finds that a mom's relationship with her mother-in-law is the most stressful part of being a parent. Check out our Managing Your Mother-In-Law page for how to deal with her during your pregnancy.
- The FDA issued a warning this week against using baby products marketed as being anti-SIDS. Head over to our Safe Sleep page for the top four things you need to do to protect your baby against sudden infant death syndrome.
- A growing number of new moms are turning to belly wrapping to flatten their post-pregnancy stomachs and reduce swelling. Former Fit Pregnancy cover model and current Dancing With The Star co-host Brooke Burke talks about how wrapping her postpartum belly inspired her own business.
- Designer Stella McCartney debuts a line of glow-in-the-dark clothing pieces for infants and children, just in time for Halloween!
- Browse through this roundup of creative handmade Halloween costumes for your little one. It just might inspire you to get crafty for this special dress-up day, even if it is last-minute!
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.