Best Of The Web
11.04.11 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- A new mom shares her story of developing preeclampsia. This complication is a silent danger that can sneak up on the healthiest moms-to-be, but it can be treated if caught in time.
- The world's "7 billionth baby" was born this week, with several nations and governing bodies marking the milestone of Earth's new population record. Our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger recently addressed the state of the world our babies are born in.
- The new season of Bones, starring actress and Fit Pregnancy cover model Emily Deschanel, premiered this week. When chatted with us, Deschanel told us how her pregnancy was written into the show's plot.
- Celebrity Jessica Simpson confirmed the worst-kept secret in Hollywood this week: She's expecting her first baby. Check out our Star Moms page to read what other celebrities are sporting baby bumps this season.
- A new website celebrates real moms' real body shapes after pregnancy and birth. Head over to our Real Moms section for more stories from real readers of our magazine.
- Actor and longtime bachelor Hugh Grant has welcomed his first child, a daughter. One of our writers tackled the subject of how a strong father-daughter relationship helps a girl develop healthy levels of self-esteem and other lifetime benefits.
- Be the hit of the next baby shower you attend and learn how to make a diaper cake with these easy steps. Check our Baby Shower guide for additional fun tips on celebrating the mom-to-be!
- A new study finds that poor sleep during pregnancy is tied to preterm birth. What's the difference between preterm labor and preterm contractions? Head over to our Ask the Labor Nurse blog and find out!
- You may be skeptical, but tummy time really does help your baby develop. So moms, don't forget to put baby on their stomachs at times during the day.
- Now that Halloween is over, moms have some ideas on what to do with your extra candy.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.