Best Of The Web
12.02.11 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- It's that time of the year again: The list of the most popular baby names of 2011 is out! Did your fave make the top 10? If you're still struggling to find the perfect baby name, try our Baby Namer tool for some surprise suggestions.
- An article brings up an interesting question: When it comes to babies' last names—to hyphenate or not? You know, because the debate over first names isn't contentious enough.
- One writer shares her experience of how she found out that flexibility is the name of the game when it comes to being a new mom. Even the best laid-out plans can go astray, so expect the unexpected as you navigate motherhood.
- A new study finds that babies sleep better after being vaccinated in the afternoon instead of the morning. Check out our First Vaccines page for a look at what to expect for your baby's first shots.
- Did you know that cuddling can actually be good for your health? Cuddling can also be a good way to bond with your new baby.
- A bit of trivia: All babies are born with seven newborn reflexes. Do you know what they are? They're usually tested for them at the hospital at birth and during pediatrician visits.
- Reality TV star Kourtney Kardashian is expecting her second baby. Check out our Celebs page for more articles on other star-moms-to-be!
- A new study on weight gain for obese pregnant women just adds more fuel to the debate. Health experts are trying to decide how many fewer pounds very heavy women should gain than is now recommended.
- Still wearing maternity clothes? That could be a good thing, fashion experts say. Whether you're pregnant or not, you should shop your closet first—you never know what treasure you might have forgotten about in there!
- Singer Jewel shows off a photo of her 4-month-old son, who's very smiley! We talked with the star during her pregnancy about everything baby.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.