Best Of The Web
12.09.11 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- Mother-of-19 Michelle Duggar has suffered a miscarriage in her latest pregnancy. Whether you agree or not with her choices, the loss unfortunately has stirred up an immense amount of insensitivity toward her. Miscarriage tops the list of many women's fears while expecting, but new studies are helping experts better understand and prevent it.
- There's still plenty of time to get that perfect shot for your Christmas photo! Check out these tips for "capturing fabulous candid shots for holidays cards." One of our writers recently wrote about learning to photograph moments with her kids—but also to put the camera down.
- New research reveals that the way of dealing with temper tantrums is to analyze the sounds that your toddler makes during his or her fit. Our Mom Appetit blogger earlier this year wrote about the Zen of temper tantrums in dealing with her toddler.
- We dare you not to say, "Awww!" when you see these felt baby shoes. If your child is almost ready for his or her first pair of "real" shoes, follow our experts' tips to help your little one put his or her best foot forward.
- The number of fathers acting as caregivers is on the rise again, according to the Census Bureau. Check out our Daddy's Home page for advice on how to avoid possible pitfalls when moms goes back to work and dad stays home with the baby.
- Morning sickness and cravings come in all sizes (plus, tastes and times of day), just ask star moms-to-be Jessica Simpson and Kourtney Kardashian. If cravings are hounding you, try our Craving Control recipes, which will let you indulge guilt-free in fast-food goodness. Then head over to our Nod to Nausea page for news that might make you feel better about your queasiness.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.