Best Of The Web
12.16.11 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- A must-see: The trailer for the upcoming movie adaption of the popular book, What To Expect When You're Expecting. Take a look at our list of other great resources to help you prepare for labor and delivery.
- Congratulations to the women named as Top Mom Bloggers of 2011 by our friends at Babble. Check out our lineup of blogs (we're pretty proud of them, too): Ask the Labor Nurse, Mom Appetit; Adventures in Babyland; and, yours truly, Crib Notes.
- Paige Lauren Baby is holding a holiday sale on emerald and ruby pieces from its Rodeo Collection. Check out our Very Berry page for cute clothing options in the season's shade: red!
- Our friends at LilSugar have a list of 10 adorable ornaments to mark a baby's first Christmas. As our Ask The Labor Nurse blogger reminds us: First Christmases or Hanukahs with new babies or babies on the way offer gifts you won't fully appreciate for many years.
- A baby girl in Los Angeles born as the world's third tiniest is thriving and will probably be going home by New Year's Day, doctors say. As our experts say, most babies who are "too small" catch up within two years.
- A doctor shares his feelings on how the U.S. standards and attitudes on infant feeding may need revising despite the number of obese babies holding steady this year. Seems like the "chubby baby" debate will continue to stir up strong emotions on both sides of the topic.
- There are so many birth control options available now, making it harder for a woman to decide on what to use. And what about post-baby? Our Ask the Experts page gives you some pointers on birth control choices while you're breastfeeding.
- A writer shares some real-life suggestions on what to say to a friend after she suffers a miscarriage. Browse through our The Secret Loss page to read more bout that causes miscarriage and what doesn't.
- Star mom-to-be Jessica Simpson has signed an endorsement deal with Weight Watchers. Head over to our Best Weight-Loss Tips for New Moms page to learn how healthful eating is crucial when trying to get your body back after baby.
- A new study finds that fatherhood has a calming and maturing effect on men. Our New Dad's Field Guide gives men a manual for surviving pregnancy and fatherhood.
- The list of celebrities who have bared their baby bumps since the days of the famous Demi Moore Vanity Fair cover is pretty extensive. Remember you can do it, too: Commemorating your pregnancy in photos is not just for celebrities.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.