Best Of The Web
12.23.11 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- Wal-Mart has voluntary recalled Enfamil Newborn powdered formula "out of an abundance of caution" after the death of 10-day-old baby. Check out our First Foods page for more facts on finding the best formula for your little one.
- Actress Alyssa Milano talks about how her son was "a pro at latching on" from the minute he was born. Head over to our How To Breastfeed page for photo step-by-step instructions on how to get the proper latch.
- Security at a Michigan mall stopped a breastfeeding flash mob before it even began. It's just the latest case of mom fighting the stigma of nursing in public.
- Check out these handy tips on how to keep germs out of your nursery. Also, browse through our 5 Simple Steps to Going Green for Your Baby (the process is a lot simpler than you think!).
- Exercising while expecting can bring about a whole different set of issues. But don't let them stop you! Prenatal exercise is beneficial for you and baby.
- Ninety-two percent of 100 changing tables tested in the U.K. carry traces of cocaine, according to a new study. Head over to our Best Defense Against Germs page for ways to protect your infant from bacteria and viruses.
- Trend experts are citing the luxury baby strollers as the new mom "status symbol." (They're probably talking about the new Fendi stroller.) Check out our Buyer's Guide for our editors' top stroller picks.
- A new study finds that giving babies salty foods may create a lifelong taste for it. Our Sorting Out Solids page guides you through the old vs. new rules about baby's first foods.
- A mom shares her very personal journey of making a baby the IVF way. Head over to our How To Get Pregnant section for stories on all things baby— from preparing to conceive to infertility and much more.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.