Best Of The Web
02.03.12 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- Vitamin D could help you get pregnant, according to a new study. It's hard to get enough vitamin D—even taking prenatal vitamins may not be enough to provide pregnant women with sufficient levels.
- On the heels of news reports that the Susan G. Komen Foundation was going to stop funding breast exams at Planned Parenthood and then reversed its decision, our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger talks about dealing with cancer while pregnant.
- Video alert: This "Sh*t Crunchy Moms Say" clip joins the long list of recent mini-movies that are ringing so true for many women. Funny as it is, there's no better time than your nine months of pregnancy to make the switch to greener living.
- WebMD has launched a new baby app offering pediatrician-approved baby health and wellness info at parents' fingertips. Technology—from smartphones to tablets to cameras and baby monitors—has come a long way in making life easier for new moms and dads.
- Time moves so quickly. So some parents are making "Before They Leave Me" bucket lists as a way to prioritize (and not forget!) fun activities to do with their children as they grow up. One writer shares the lesson she learned about putting the camera down and enjoying her children's childhood moments.
- A new study finds that earlier signs of autism are found in babies' gaze. The disorder has been in the spotlight lately after reports that a new autism definition is in the works.
- New figures reveal that more moms-to-be are choosing to have a home birth over delivering in a hospital. Take our poll: Would you give birth at home with a certified nurse-midwife?
- If you have a baby on the way, make sure you set aside time to prepare your pet for your little one's arrival. Remember that babies and dogs do mix, you just have to do some prep work.
- Browse through this slideshow of 10 star moms who have breastfed in public. Check out our Breastfeeding A Go-Go page for tips on how to nurse your baby and still have a life.
- Olympic runner Deena Kastor chatted with Best for Babes about her breastfeeding experience. Bookmark our Ultimate Guide to Breastfeeding, your one-stop resource for the latest on breastfeeding—from buying your first nursing bra to deciding when to wean.
- Our friends at LilSugar took a look at the best in family cars for those parents who are in the market for a new vehicle for a growing brood. Head over to our Buyer's Guide for a look at our editors' top picks in car seats.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.