Best Of The Web
02.10.12 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- We all remember the Tiger Mom debate. Well, now a new book says French parents are superior to American parents. As our new Work and Money blogger reminds us: Forget about who's right and who's wrong, parents should remember that you should go with your gut (and some research) when it comes to making decisions about your child.
- Actress Hillary Duff celebrated her baby shower on Super Bowl Sunday. Check out Fit Pregnancy's Baby Shower board on Pinterest for party ideas that we've pinned.
- A new study finds that women 50 and older "do pretty well" when it comes to being pregnant. Check out our Age Matters section for more stories on the effects of age on pregnancy.
- An alarming number of women are fired while pregnant, according to new figures discussed in a recent news article. Despite recent strides by women's advocates, pregnancy discrimination persists.
- Just in time for Valentine's Day: Take a peek at these lingerie options for new and expectant moms. Remember that maternity undies don't have to be dull—our Sexiest Lingerie slideshow will help inspire you!
- A new study finds that planned babies are breastfed longer. Bookmark our Ultimate Breastfeeding Guide as your go-to resource for everything you need to know about nursing your little one.
- The Census Bureau classifies dads as "child care." Our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger takes a look at how society needs to set the bar higher for today's fathers.
- A writer shares her experience of being pregnant and dealing with her anorexia. Check out our Bump in the Road page for more info on how to deal with emotional issues like eating disorders while you're expecting.
- She's back! Superstar Beyoncé made her first post-baby public appearance one month after giving birth to baby Blue Ivy. Head over to our Star Moms section for a closer look at other celebrity moms-to-be.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.