Best of the Web
11.21.08 Hits of the week
- Want to know what moms outside your circle of friends are talking about these days? Head over to Momversation to watch some of the "web's most outspoken mom-bloggers" talk about everything and anything. Blogs and other Internet sites are offering increasingly useful tools for quick answers and support for moms.
- Trying to balance work and motherhood? Looks like one area of the U.S. is seeing baby-at-work programs grow in popularity. Here are five other ideas for pregnancy-inspired careers.
- The New York Times reports that weight-loss surgery helps obese women have easier pregnancies and healthier babies. Being overweight and pregnant can come with health issues, but what do these
extra pounds mean to you and your baby?
- One parenting expert offers tips to help you raise thankful children in today's consumer-driven environment. Remember, change begins at home.
- Here's an intimate story of one woman's birth plan that didn't go as planned, and it was totally fine with it. (Don't let its title scare you off. I promise!) Like our Labor & Delivery section emphasizes: Childbirth is something that none of us can ever fully control. And it's OK.
- This one will definitely grab your attention: Two Florida men arrested for stealing breast pumps from Babies "R" Us. You'll never guess where the pumps ended up.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.