Best Of The Web
03.16.12 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- Delta Airlines has settled a lawsuit filed by a mom who was kicked off a flight in 2006 for breastfeeding her baby and not covering up. Many experts believe this case fuels the national breastfeeding fight to add more protections for nursing moms.
- Cute video alert!: Watch a woman's nine months of pregnancy in 90 seconds. The husband's reactions in the clip are endearing: How did you tell your partner that you were pregnant?
- Actress Mayim Bialik talks about how she felt very discouraged after the birth of her first baby. Many new moms are blindsided by postpartum depression, so check out our Out of the Blue page to learn about the risks and signs.
- A California woman gives birth to a baby weighing 13 pounds, 14 ounces. Which begs a question: Does having a big belly mean you're having a big baby?
- Our friends over at SheKnows have a great rundown on the various baby carriers available so that you can pick the right one for you. Check out our 2012 Buyer's Guide for our editors' top picks on carriers so you can wear your baby with style and ease.
- Gerber has issued a recall of Good Start Gentle powdered infant formula after complaints of foul odors. Head to our Recalls page for the latest on other products recently pulled from store shelves.
- A new study finds that a mom's weight before pregnancy can affect a baby's brain. Browse through our Nutrition Addition page for tips on how your prenatal diet can keep you and your baby healthy.
- Congratulations to actress Charlize Theron who announced that she has adopted a baby boy named Jackson. Head over to our This Is What Family Looks Like Now page, which reminds us that blood isn't the only bond that unites us.
- Coming soon to a baby store near you: a wearable, online, all-the-time baby monitor. It might be hard to resist any product that claims to keep your baby "safe," but there are times when parents need to step away from the technology and unplug.
- Our friends at LilSugar look at five tummy time mats to keep your baby happy on his or her belly. Remember, moms: Don't forget tummy time! It's very important in your baby's development.
- Expectant star Jessica Simpson says that at this stage in her pregnancy, she's "waddling." Our fitness experts on our Get It Straight page urge moms-to-be not to waddle because it could affect the body's alignment and cause more discomfort.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.