Best Of The Web
04.06.12 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- A writer takes a look at new research that unravels the true cost of breastfeeding. It's important to remember that not every woman has a choice available. In addition, Fit Pregnancy experts on our Liquid Assets page cite that the cost of formula can run up to $5,892 per year.
- Celebrity mom-to-be Kourtney Kardashian defends her decision to color her hair. Cold medicine, hair dye, skiing: Browse through our Is It Safe? page for a list of what's OK and what's not during pregnancy.
- New gene studies on autism point to mutations and parents' age as possible sources. Recently, Crib Notes reported on separate research that revealed clues to the causes of the spectrum disorder.
- Our friends at LilSugar have compiled a slideshow of 15 unique baby shower invitations. For more inspiration, also check out Fit Pregnancy's Pinterest board on baby shower ideas.
- A new study finds that babies of heavy coffee drinkers were no more likely to wake up than were babies whose moms were not java fans. If you're trying to limit caffeine from coffee during pregnancy, you should know that "decaf" doesn't necessarily mean stimulant-free.
- Seattle officials are weighing a proposal to make it illegal to ask someone to stop breastfeeding in public. Our Breastfeeding A Go-Go page shows you how to nurse your baby just like you want and still have a life.
- Parenting can be overwhelming, but these nine tips can help you lighten your stress load. Plus, our Stress Less page reveals the truth about your top 10 pregnancy worries.
- Star mom-to-be Jessica Simpson has been incredibly candid about her pregnancy and changing body, which has created some memorable quotes from her. Our 20 Reasons You'll Miss Being Pregnant page reminds moms-to-be of the things they might just find themselves remembering wistfully.
- We're going to leave you with a video below that brought a lot of laughs to us this week. Enjoy!
— Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.