Best Of The Web
05.11.12 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- The cover of Time magazine's latest issue showing a mom nursing her almost-4-year-old is causing quite a buzz. According to some experts, attachment parenting, while controversial, does have various benefits for mom and baby.
- An interesting question as Mother's Day approaches: Is Mother's Day for you — or for your mother? If this is your first holiday as a new mom, our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger put together some simple rules for your husband to get Mother's Day right.
- New studies suggest parents are actually happier than non-parents, calling past research that says the opposite "flawed." Even during pregnancy, women face pressure for everything to be perfect, causing unnecessary stress.
- Experts weigh in on the extreme practices (think pre-chewing a baby's food) used by some celebrity parents. Check out our Star Moms section for more on other celeb moms and how they're handling motherhood.
- The annual State of the World's Mothers report ranks the U.S. as the 25th best country in which to have a baby. Our Ask the Labor Nurse blogger offers some suggestions on how we can improve this situation in the U.S.
- Our friends over at LilSugar have compiled a great list of summer maternity must-haves. Being pregnant is no reason to miss out on the outdoor festivities. Head over to our Safe Summer Fun page for tips on how to have a fun summer pregnancy.
- A California mom has unleashed her fury on a Los Angeles museum security guard who told her to stop breastfeeding. She's even started a Facebook page in search of support. Separately, nurse-in organizers are planning a massive march in Washington, D.C., this summer in support of breastfeeding moms.
- A new study finds that sperm actually crawl and don't swim. Check out our Little Swimmers page for tips on maximizing the health of your partner's sperm.
- Babies do benefit from music classes, a new study says. Singer and mom Lisa Loeb talked to Fit Pregnancy recently about her favorite children's music picks.
- Singer Pink says forget what others say about feeling like a glowing goddess mom-to-be: She says she felt like a mess during her pregnancy. You may not love being pregnant (that's understandable), but check out our list of 20 reasons why you'll miss it.
- In honor of Mother's Day this weekend, we leave you with a company's commercial with a special thank you message for the women with the hardest jobs—moms. Happy Mother's Day!