Best Of The Web
05.25.12 The online buzz for moms-to-be
- A writer takes an in-depth look at the guru of modern day midwifery Ina May Gaskin. If you're trying to decide between an OB and a midwife, answer our seven questions to help you make the right choice.
- United Airlines has announced that it has dropped the "families can board first" preference from its boarding process. (How long until the other airlines follow suit?) Check out our Have Baby, Will Travel gear guide for portable products to simplify vacationing with your newest sightseer.
- A new study says weight management is safe while pregnant and benefits the baby. Our experts reveal how some small diet tips have surprising health benefits and no risks for pregnant women and their babies.
- A new Gallup poll finds more cases of depression and anger among stay-at-home moms. Our Out of the Blue page looks at how many new moms are blindsided by postpartum depression.
- Our friends at LilSugar have compiled a list of five ways to jump-start labor. Head over to our Labor Starters page to see what brings on contractions, what doesn't and what's dangerous.
- Kids provide great one-liners—perfect for Twitter. Check out this list of the best parenting tweets of the week. Are you following Fit Pregnancy on Twitter?
- Lamaze International is launching a campaign to help women push for better care for their babies and themselves. Browse through our Have It Your Way page to read about the world of choices available in childbirth education.
- Supermodel Giselle Bundchen is reportedly expecting baby No. 2 with her husband, NFL star Tom Brady. Click over to our Star Moms section to see who else is sporting a baby bump in Hollywood these days.
- Are you an "oversharenting" mom? One writer takes a look at how to manage your babies' online presence on your profile in the world of Facebook. Head to the Fit Pregnancy Facebook page and like us!
- A new study finds that a mom's lack of vitamin D could affect her child down the line. It's hard for a lot of people to get enough vitamin D. Our How to Get The Vitamins You Need page offers expert advice on how to get the vitamins and nutrients that your body may lack.
- Work out in comfort with these comfy maternity activewear pieces compiled by our friends at FitSugar. Browse through our Workouts section for prenatal and postpartum exercises of every style possible.
- Actress Molly Sims is our cover model on the current issue of Fit Pregnancy. There's also video of her chatting with us about her pregnancy and more.