Best of the Web
07.08.11 Hits of the week
- Singer Jewel says that pregnancy is a privilege that she's enjoying to the fullest. Check out our behind-the-scenes video for our chat with the star mom-to-be during our cover shoot for August/September issue.
- Pink says she prepared for a natural birth but ended up having a C-section—and she's totally OK with that! Remember, sometimes pregnancy can result in unexpected conditions that require a Cesarean section.
- In the market for a new car for your growing family? Check out these five vehicles with kid-friendly features. Take to the road with peace of mind with our favorite picks for car seats.
- Pricey strollers are becoming targets of theft in some areas of the U.S. Looking for a full-service stroller without the bulk? Check out our picks for the best lightweight strollers—each under 20 pounds.
- The use of antidepressants by a mom may increase a child's risk of autism, according to a new study. Feeling down after having a baby is common, but depression should be treated. Browse through our Moody Blues page for signs that you may need help.
- One writer asks: Is your husband more excited or nervous about your new baby on the way? Talk about getting involved! On our Modern Family page, see what nine things dads can teach moms about babies.
- When you're lathering the sunscreen on your baby, don't miss these five important spots! Head over to our Summer Safety page for more tips on how to prevent bites, stings and sunburns.
- Actress Natalie Portman turned to inspiration from her native country when choosing a name for her newborn son: the first letter in the Hebrew alphabet. If you're still on the hunt for the perfect name, try our simple Baby Namer tool for some surprising suggestions.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.