Best Of The Web
04.15.11 Hits of the week
- Look which celebrity mom-to-be is going to be on a future cover of Fit Pregnancy. (Hint: There's a guitar involved.) Check out our Celebrity Pregnancies page to see which other star moms-to-be are due any day now!
- Belli skincare has launched an online photo contest celebrating women and their baby bumps, plus babies and their bellies. Upload your photo today for your chance at winning a grand prize worth $10,000! One of our former editors shared her thoughts on belly shots during her second pregnancy.
- Read how one Southern California mom is handling the battle of weaning her son off the baby bottle. Check out our Expert Tips pages on weaning your baby off the breast and the bottle.
- Actress Kelly Preston says her post-baby weight loss secret is breastfeeding! (Check out this adorable photo of her baby boy.) Remember that healthful eating is also a great weight-loss tip for new moms, especially if you're breastfeeding.
- Star mom-to-be Mariah Carey poses nude for the cover of OK! magazine in celebration of her pregnancy with twins! When you have two in the oven, you'd be surprised at the twin facts that you might not know.
- Time for the Way-Back Machine: The entries from the Your Childhood Memories contest on the Mighty Girl blog will definitely make you smile. Check our our Memories Are Made Of This page for creative ways to preserve your family photos, videos and mementos.
- A new study finds that stress during pregnancy could boost your child's risk for obesity later in life. Browse through our Stress Less page for the truth about the common top 10 pregnancy worries.
- These step-by-step photo instructions for washing your hands will come in handy for teaching the little ones in your household (or anyone, for that matter). Some germs can be good for you, so head over to our Truth About Germs page for a myth-vs.-reality take on protecting your infant.
- The New York Times recently received a cute letter to the editor from some creative children (and their teacher) who had something to say about a Times article on the waning interest in picture books. Our Adventures in Babyland blogger was beefing up her baby's book collection even before he was born.
- Our friends over at LilSugar featured this adorable, perfect-for-spring baby shower theme: baseball! Looking for ideas? Check out our Baby Shower Guide for tips on throwing a memorable bash to celebrate the soon-to-be-born baby and his (or her) mom.
- Devastating story: A 7-month-old was attacked and killed by the family dog, according to news reports. If you have a pet dog, experts say it's a good idea to prepare Rover for the arrival of your baby.
Maria Vega is Fit Pregnancy magazine's copy editor.